By Carla Helené Ezell
One of the worst things we can do is get to the end of our lives and look back with regret. The should haves, could haves, would haves that plague us even now are indicators that we are not living the best lives we possibly could. Sleepless nights and troubled m, restless days tell us something is inherently wrong. Life is short but so often we take the hope of tomorrow for granted even though it was never promised to us.Thus we find ourselves giving death bed confessions and trying to spend our last moments making up for past mistakes.
Below are five ways to help eliminate (or at least severely reduce) death bed confessions and carrying regrets to the grave. Instead of worrying how things work out in the end, I challenge you to enjoy your life for all it has to offer before it is too late. Here are some tips on how to do just that:
1. Live in the now. Every day, every moment, be conscious of who you are, what you are doing, where you are, who you are with, what direction you are heading in.
2. Take control. Do not just let life coast by and happen to you haphazardly. Decide who you want to be, what you want to do, and how you want to do it. You use your power of choice. Think of the consequences of your decisions BEFORE acting on them. Question yourself, “will this decision better my life or worsen it?” Only do the things that will better your life. Weigh your options FIRST. Think BEFORE acting.
3. If it doesn’t evolve you, it shouldn’t involve you - this applies to relationships, working environments and every aspect of life, really. For example, stop living for office gossip. It is negative and I it brings division among your co-workers and others involved. Quit wasting time doing negative things. Only positivity will bring good things to your life. The universe is waiting for you. What you put out into it is what will return to you.
4. Challenge yourself. Arm yourself with knowledge and then use it to become a better version of yourself. Iron sharpens iron. Read. Expand your mind. Listen to podcasts. Work on your self development, not with the goal of getting something good but with the goal of becoming someone good. Increase your knowledge base so you have better things to offer the world.
5. Get busy. Use time wisely. Stop procrastinating. Be about it, don’t just make lofty goals. Plot a course to accomplish the things you want to accomplish. Get busy falling in love with your process and your life and the results will take care of themselves.
My name is Carla Helené. I am a cheeky naturalista, serial entrepreneur, speaker, educator and self love advocate who encourages women to embrace their truth, love themselves and make margaritas out of life’s lemons. Is there a recipe for this? I’m not sure I but I know we can figure it out together.
Want to be a guest blogger for Caheez? Contact Carla Helené or email Carla at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your post topic. Be sure to type Guest Blogger in the subject of your email.
Got an event you want to book Carla Helené for? Let's talk!
Carla Helené is social