You may have noticed a few more changes recently on the site. We are fully enjoying this winter season and it shows! Today brought us another photo shoot with one of our favs... Monica!
From the beginning of the shoot until the sun began to set, Monica brought the warmth in these frigid temps! Check out some of the pics below.
such a time as this! This is our season and we are in heaven, snuggled up with fun knits, cool designs and charmeuse protection from the elements, drying fibers and more!
Check out some of the cool shots we got!
All that was missing was jingling bells!
In the hustle and bustle of life, it's easy to forget how amazing you are. So here are some ways to pamper yourself because you really do deserve to be treated like a diva. And who is better suited to love you than yourself?
1. Get a manicure - whether you do it yourself or go get it done, a manicure is a treat that is very sweet on the hands and light on the pocket.
2. Go to the movies. Who says you need a date? Treat yourself to some alone time and entertainment. You deserve it.
3. Sleep in a few minutes or go to bed a little bit early. That extra rest really can be refreshing. You owe it to yourself.
4. Eat out somewhere new. It doesn't have to be that new expensive Ethiopian restaurant in town unless you want it to be but treating your taste buds to something new not only makes you feel special but it opens your mind to new ideas and concepts too. Win/Win!
5. Listen to some new music. Music that is different from your normal listening patterns opens your mind to new possibilities and can be relaxing or energizing (depending on the style you choose).
6. Go dancing. Grab the girls or a date and treat yourselves to a night at a dance studio. They often offer introductory classes that don't cost too much (or are possibly free) plus you'll be giving yourself a fun workout while meeting new people too. Check out Groupon.com if you're looking for a studio. There's usually something listed there with di$count$!!
7. Get a haircut. You don't have to make a drastic change like I did last month, but a little pampering is good for the soul and healthy for your tresses too! So get a trim, lose the dead ends and bring your hair back to life in one fell swoop!
8. Go for a walk. While you're enjoying the view, take your camera or use your phone camera to capture the sights. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular either. Even clicking a pic of the neighbor's flowerbed can bring a pop of color to an otherwise drab photo album. Plus, it's fall! Celebrate with some changing leaves shots.
9. Take a drive. Get in your car and drive for a few hours. You don't have to have a specific destination in mind, just go where ever the road takes you. Roll down the windows, open the roof, turn up the music and cruise.
10. Have a wine party. Invite the girls over and pop the cork on a new blend you've wanted to try. Savor the flavors and company. And if you want to be fancy, pick up some expensive cheese and jams to really raise those pinkies.
11. Take a bubble bath. Make it a long, hot one too. Relax those tired muscles and enjoy some smooth jazz and candles while you're at it.
12. Eat something sweet (or salty) and refuse to feel guilty about breaking the diet. Everyone deserves to indulge now and then.
13. Read a book, magazine or blog. Escape from life a few minutes each day by enjoying the fantasy of a good story with great characters.
14. Take a trip. Save a little each week so you can splurge on a quickie getaway. Stay overnight and experience life at a different pace for a change.
15. Unplug from the Internet for a couple of days or a weekend. Turn off your cell, tablet, laptop, etc. Don't answer your email or texts/calls during this time. The world can afford to lose you for a day or two but you can't afford to never take a break. Your mind will thank you for it.
16. Get a massage or facial. Find a local spa offering discounts through Groupon (this is so my fav way to find new places). Then indulge in some self-love with a rub down or deep cleansing treatment.
17. Call an old friend or family member you've lost touch with. Rekindle your friendship. Walk down memory lane together. Remind yourself why they were in your life long ago. Oftentimes revisiting a memory will clarify future goals and dreams.
18. Sing in the shower loudly. Don't worry if the neighbors hear you either. It's your time. Stop thinking about how you're going to run that meeting next Friday or where you're going on date night. Just pick a song and let her rip.
19. Plan a picnic. What other activity is better to celebrate the changing weather?
20. Take a yoga class. Stretching and strengthening your muscles while clearing your mind is a wonderful way to feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
21. Cook your favorite meal. Then savor every bite. You don't even have to share it with anyone... unless you want to.
22. Visit an art gallery or museum. Spend an afternoon just sitting (or standing) in silence, and let the colors and patterns speak to you.
There's something screwy going on around here...
Maybe this thought occurred to you when you logged onto our site this morning. Or if it's your first time visiting the website, maybe you didn't notice the wonkiness? There is always room for improvement. and I'm constantly tweaking and trying to find the best way to present this brand. Sometimes, that means starting over and rebuilding from the ground up.
That happened last night and well into this morning.
I hope you like the new features of our site (i.e. the added search box, reorganized layout and restructured menu options, to name a few). I've been studying the best sites and online stores of some of the mega brands, trying to determine which features to add and which to remove, what to highlight and more. It's been quite a process, quite a week.
It is currently 4:15 am and I have not slept yet. But it's okay because perfection takes time and Caheez is well worth the effort! And so are you. Thanks for rocking with me.
Carla Helené 💋
Review Snapshot: Fenty Beauty by Rihanna
Color Options: ⭐️
(40 foundation shades, 20 concealer/contour shades, 10 highlighter shades)
Price Point: ⭐️
($10 - $54)
(long lasting, buildable coverage, high pigmentation)
Ease of Application: ⭐️
(fingertips or brushes, glides on and blends beautifully)
(beautiful boxes, sleek cases, lovely light scent)
Overall rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I don't gush. Ok, sometimes I do, but it takes a really special event or product to make me gush. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna is such a product line.
I went to Sephora today thinking I might pick up a foundation (because I was almost out) or an eye shadow or something, but I ended up buying the entire collection. It is FIRE! While this line doesn't have every single make up category filled, what it does have, is ON LOCK. Riri definitely did her thing. She brought the #blackgirlmagic to #Sephora shelves with a fierceness and I commend her for it.
Heres what I bought:
Soft Matte Longer Foundation in 360 ($34): This is a medium to full coverage foundation. It is a liquid. You have to shake it well before using it. Be aware that the foundations do oxidize after you apply them so give it about a minute or so before applying additional layers. I put some on my jawline and watched the color blend into my skin as it dried. It was like watching some voodoo magic on my face. Astonishing and lovely!
There are 40 shades of foundation in this collection, ranging from the very lightest complexion to the darkest chocolate tones. I was shocked and in awe of them all. They are creamy and rich and long lasting. I didn't get the primer as I just bought primer a couple of weeks ago and couldn't bring myself to buy more so soon. Next trip though, this will be a must have because it was smooth and silky.
Match Stix Trio in Tan 300 ($54): This is a set of concealer, contour and highlighter. There are several sets available, or you can purchase the Stix individually for $25. I opted for the set (Caramel/Truffle/Rum) as I will use them all and they were perfectly matched for my skin tone. Also, I will be going back for some of the brighter, more fun colors too. For now, I stuck to the natural colors for me, but Unicorn and Confetti, both purple, are on my radar for my next trip to Sephora! (P.S. these sticks are magnetized so they are easy to keep together. Ummm... that's TOUGH!!!)
Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo ($34): First I grabbed the Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby set. This set is perfect for my yellow undertones and gives a definite shimmer pop to my skin. The Mean Money powder has a soft shimmer to it while the Hu$tla Baby color is almost a glittery gold. Both can be used as a shadow, highlighter, you name it. The box says, "creamy, long-lasting, endless ways to glow" and says they are "for cheeks, eyes, or anywhere you want to glow". While I was shopping, one of the Sephoraites (my made up word of the day lol) was wearing them as an eyeshadow. Another had them as an illuminator on her apples and across her shoulders (even though it was hidden under her robe lol).
Anyhow, after checking out, I ended up going back and picking up the Ginger Binge/Moscow Mule set because I couldn't get it out of my mind as I was leaving the parking lot. Yup, I found another parking spot, fought the lines again and bought a second highlighter because it was just that amazing upon reflection.
Universal Blotting Powder ($32): This powder is amazing. It is mattifying and acts like an Instagram filter for flaws and shine. I swear, I dusted a very light coating on my skin and it looked like I had Photoshopped my face or something. So glad I grabbed this on a whim. It is worth every penny and more!
Gloss Bomb ($18): There is only one color lip gloss in this line (so far) and it is BAE! Home girl Riri made a rose gold lippie for brown girls. *sniff sniff* It too blends with your skin to create something completely new and beautiful, with a touch of shimmer. It is moisturizing and smells AMAZING!
The only things I didn't get were brushes (because I have sooooo many of them now), but they were so plush and soft that I will probably end up buying some of them next time I come to Sephora. The travel brushes were absolutely amazing. I have a travel brush set I keep in my purse that I paid $25 for and I could totally see replacing that set with the Fenty Beauty's travel brushes, even though they are twice as expensive. I'll pay it, not even because of the name but because they are high quality and worth it.
Also, as mentioned before, I didn't get the primer because I just bought primer like a a week or two ago. But I can see I'll prob go in on that next time too because it was so silky on my hand when I tested it.
All in all, this line is a winner. I give it 5 stars because it meets every single need and want I have when it comes to makeup. Once I have done a complete look with this line I will post pics.
Have you tried this line? Leave a comment below telling us what you think!
Thanks for rocking with me!
Carla Helené 💋
Riri released a beauty line (makeup) today.
Here's why we're here for it:
1. There's beauty in every shade and this line represents every shade.
2. It's black/woman owned. I know she is a celebrity backed by lots of money and fame but she is also a brown girl, doing her brown girl thing and chasing the dream in living color.
3. The pallet is stunning. Have you seen these amazing colors??? Seriously, a rose gold for us. FOR US! I'm here for it.
4. Those brushes... I just cannot even tell you how beautiful and plush they are. We are talking top notch here!
5. The price point is reasonable. When I first saw pics I was worried I wouldn't be able to afford this lux line. I. Was. Wrong. A gloss is $18 and foundation is $34. Score!!!
Listen, I'm a makeup lover but I'm no expert or artist. I am lucky if I get my eyeliner even on both eyes more than one day a week! But I have to say, I could totally have a new mistress if Ms Riri's brand works as hard as it is beautiful. I'm heading over to Sephora this afternoon for a looksie - I'll let you know my thoughts afterwards. ❤️
As you may know, we have expanded our collection to include both circular slouch and elongated slouch styles. We realized that just as no two curls are exactly the same, no two hats will fit every head identically either. Thus, we have developed a new classification for our hats that hopefully, help us to serve even more people, with more style and comfortability.
Current styles that are in this category include:
- All tams (Classic Tams, Spiral Tams, both Newsboy styles and Sand Stitch Tams).
Current styles that are in this category include:
- All beanies (Split Brim Beanies, Queen of Hearts Beanie, Ribbed Seed Stitch Beanie, Squared Up Beanie and True Grit Beanie).
Each listing indicates with which slouch style the hat was designed.
Which slouch style do you like the best? Share your thoughts in the comments below! 💋
United we stand. Thank you for standing with us and helping support this worthy cause.
After taking a long hiatus from blogging, its time to get back in the game!
This short post is just the beginning. The goal will be to drop a post at least once every week, plus any special announcements we need to make for the Caheez brand, or news flashes from around the world that hit home will be shared here too.
If you have something you want to share with the Caheez community, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hit me up! We are ALWAYS looking for new, inspiring voices to expose our Caheez family to. Sharing is caring!
Carla Helené 💋
"Uniqueness doesn't come from wanting to be like someone else." Joyjah Estrada
In a world where it's popular to look like everyone else, act like everyone else and follow the lead of everyone else, it is easy to hide as a face in the crowd. It is far easier to accept what people expect of you... Never aspire to be anything more than the shell of a person one becomes over the years... Losing themselves to the forces of peer pressure and societal norms. It is difficult to exist beyond the discouraging opinions of others especially when those opinions come from people close to you. Unfortunately, I know this all too well as it was the story of my life for years.
Then one day, I woke up.
There comes a time in every woman's life when she must face the person she sees in the mirror and in that moment, the realization that others' expectations really do not matter anymore really hits home. In that moment, it is time to make a choice; remain in the box and accept the role written for you or break out and be the wonderful person you were born to be; write your own story and move forward into a place of self acceptance, self admiration and self love.
"The most powerful thing you can be is yourself." Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
We are flawed perfection, every single one of us. No matter what anyone else says or does, we can only be responsible for ourselves. With this revelation comes great freedom and great power.
The expression of self love comes in many, many forms. One of my favorite expressions is curly, kinky, gloriously untamed hair. Extremely textured hair "fights the power". It is the highest form of unrelenting, auto-defining, self love. It thrives beyond social integrations and societal acceptance. It screams, "I'm here and I'm fly" louder than any other natural force. Natural hair is a hurricane and in my opinion, it definitely rocks harder than one!
Love yourself, sis. And rock on! ❤️💋
All photos used with permission.
-Joyjah Estrada is a naturalista from Belize,CA.
Follow her on Instagram: @joyjah
-Michelin Nicholson is an island girl.
Follow her on Instagram: @itsmymic
About Carla Helené: I am the founder and creator of Caheez.LLC, an 8 year veteran curly girl with a biker husband, 2 nutzo teenagers, 3 dogs, a cat and I'm a part time waitress. I spend my ever dwindling free time as an actress in the regional community theater and draw from my 15 years of worship leading to encourage others to be the best version of themselves that they can possibly be. For more about me, please visit our About page.